Saturday, April 9, 2011

life

Life is slowly getting back to normal (what ever that means) I have days where only sleep feels right, days were only eating feels right and have been reading lots of books. I need to get out and walk more, but the lab had gotten a split toe nail, I thought it would grow out, but she kept snagging it and it wasn't healing, so finally took her to the vet, they knocked her out and removed the toe nail, put a big wrap on the foot, that she had to keep on for 3 days, sent her home with pain killers and meds to keep the infection away. Did manage to keep the wrap on her foot for the 3 days and kept it dry in this sloppy weather. I put a newspaper sleeve over the wrap, then a fleece bootie and another newspaper sleeve with lots of tape. That worked to keep it dry and just the bootie to keep her from chewing it off, I brought her to work with me and kept her in the car. Took the wrap off last night toe looks good. She is so happy to be able to walk with out pain. The vet said to keep the toe nails short, I never thought she had long toe nails, but they cut them all and they are short. So guess I better start cutting them. Any way now that the dog is all healed up, I will be able to get out and walk more. The other project is my kayak I have been trying to re-varnish it all winter, not very successfully. But I promised the mechanic that it would be done when he got back. So I need to get busy on it. Did work on it for about a hour last night. Hanging out in the garage is just not my thing. I like hanging out in the sewing room better. I have been quilting some. Got 2 quilt done since I got back from NM on the long arm and another ready to put on the frame. The mechanic and buddy are on the sail boat heading to AK. He has a "spot" that send a e-mail to let me know where they are at, a google map shows the location. He sends a message in the evening when they have reached their designation at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment