Friday, April 2, 2010

what luck?


After the weather yesterday in El Paso, this was the view this morning from the hotel window. That should be a picture of Mexico. Last night on the way to the hotel the van driver had a good idea for how to spend the day in El Paso, I checked out of the hotel, left my bag with them, the van took me to the mall where I wandered around for 3 hours. It was very busy in the mall, school was closed to day, and people were out shopping for Easter. I really thought I was in a foreign country. I was the tallest, whitest person in the mall, and I didn't know what anybody was saying because I didn't hear any English. The little kids were staring at me. It was a good way to spend extra hours before I had to go to the airport. So got to the airport, and was waiting at the gate for the airplane which landed. It was the later activities that had reason for consern. The copilot walked around the plane and looked at one of the engines really long. He then went and got the captain who also looked at the engine. The ramper parked the bag cart by the belt loader, but didn't put any bags on the loader. Then all those people started pointing and talking. The captain and copilot went back inside the plane, the rampers all looked at the engine and then drove the bag cart away. The captain came out with a piece of paper and had the ramper put the belt loader up to the engine, he then climbed into the engine. The ticket agent and some important looking guy all went out and looked. The ticket agent then announced that the engine had ingestested something and that plane wasn't going any where so please go back down to the check in desk and get rebooked. So bottom line is instead of being on my way home, I am once again in a hotel room in El Paso. I have no more clean clothes so going to sink wash some clothes. I am going to try for a earlier flight tomorrow and sit in PHX airport instead of ELP for most of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go CP! Sorry that your stuck again but better to be stuck then the other choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer, eh? Enjoy your extra day away from AK.

    ReplyDelete