Sunday, May 20, 2012

hands

A 3 part story.

I remember hearing a story about a husband that wanted to divorce his wife, at the hearing the judge asked her if she had anything to say, and she stood up showing her hands, and telling the judge how these hands had cooked his meals, washed his clothes, raised his children, the tired scarred hands had done all that for the man she loved.  (I am sure there is more to the story but that's all I remember).

Part 2, most of my life I have been taken for a younger age than I really am, not saying it's my good looks or anything like that, I just think it's mostly part to clean living, I have never put a cigarette in my mouth, or ever been drunk, I am sure the cancer and a bad marriage or two had the most to do with aging.  When I worked at the airlines, there was one pilot that was quite the ladies man (or so he thought, he got into a lot of trouble with sexual harassment) but when the subject of my age came up he said let me see your hands, when he looked at my hands he guess my age correctly.

So the conclusion of this 3 part story is, recently when I am doing something with my hands I look down and say in surprise who's hands are those. 

4 comments:

  1. I can relate. i look in the mirror, and think, Damn, I got old fast! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that.

    As for the pilot you referred to, I'm busy playing who's who to determine that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new format. The picture is awe inspiring.I hope all goes well in Anchorage. Love You: DAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you, and am glad you are getting to see the little one when you can. Take a little more Pam time, and find some more wild flowers. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete