Sunday, June 5, 2011

gram

I drove to Anchorage May 23 to pick up my grand daughter. Drove back home the 24th and we had been having non-stop fun ever since. The 5 year old is so shy around other people, but you would never know it when it is just her and I she talks all the time, the only time she is quiet, is eating or I am not sure when else, because if she is quiet I have to find out what kind of trouble she is getting into.

We found a couple of activities in the newspaper last Thursday there was a quilt display, and Friday night a dance recital. One of the complaints I have about this town is the lack of directions to a function, everyone assumes that the name of a building 20 years ago is still good directions even though the building has changed names 3 times since then. All the streets have names but they don't seem to make it on the ad. So after about a 1/2 hour of looking we found the quilt display, there was about 5 cars in the parking lot. I enjoyed the quilts, and they had treats so grand kid was happy. The next night we went to the dance recital and I commented on how full the parking lot was, wonder kid response was "see I told you more people like dancing than quilts".

Next week I have off from work so we planned on a little get away. Going across the bay and stay in a cabin, bringing a boat, dog and clam shovel, hiking boating and tide pool exploring are on the agenda.

Sailboat update, some where in the ocean between Sitka and Yakatat, looks like might make Yakatat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment